Saturday, September 5, 2009

Hello Everybody!



Welcome to my blog!

My name is Martha Flores and I am the artist behind Bombyx Eco Boutique. I love to create all kinds of artcrafts like jewelry, accessories, apparel, knitting wear and even home decor and furniture! I primarily work with recyclable/reusable/repurposed materials such as leather, aluminium, cardboard and many more. I re-stitch, upcycle and re-fashion these materials to turn them into gorgeous portable art. I especially enjoy working on projects that represent a true challenge to me.

Bombyx Eco Boutique is now based in Tijuana, Baja California, MEX., but first had its roots in Cd. Juárez, Chihuahua, MEX. I've been designing and making my pieces myself since 2004. Since then I've been working to bring an innovative and environmentally sound approach to fashion design, creating products that are practical, sophisticated, and, above all, distinctive.

Bombyx, pronounced "bomb-eex" got it's name inspired by the caterpillar of the domesticated silkmoth, Bombyx mori. There's nothing special with the name, I just like how it sounds :)

At the moment I'm really enthusiastic working in new ideas, materials and updates! I'm just about to finish some new pieces. For now I will show you some of my previous work.

I hope you like them as much as I enjoy making them.

Best,

Tita




ESP:
¡Bienvenidos a mi blog!

Mi nombre es Martha Flores y soy la artista detrás de Bombyx Eco Boutique. Me encanta crear todo tipo de artesanías como joyería, accesorios, ropa, tejidos y ¡hasta decoración para el hogar y muebles! Principalmente trabajo con materiales reciclables/reutilizables como la piel, el aluminio, cartón y muchos más. Coso, trabajo y re diseño de nuevo estos materiales para convertirlos en hermoso arte portátil. Disfruto especialmente trabajar en proyectos que representan un verdadero reto para mí.

Bombyx Eco Boutique esta ahora establecida en Tijuana, Baja California, MEX., pero inicialmente tuvo sus raíces en Cd. Juárez, Chih. MEX. He estado diseñando y haciendo mis piezas yo misma desde el 2004. Desde entonces he estado trabajando para aportar un innovador y sensato acercamiento ecológico al diseño de la moda, creando productos que son prácticos, sofisticados y, sobre todo, distintivos.

Bombyx, pronunciado "Bomb-ix" adquirió su nombre inspirado en la larva de la polilla de seda cultivada, Bombyx mori. El nombre no tiene nada de especial, sólo me gustó como se suena :)

Por el momento estoy muy entusiasta trabajando en nuevos proyectos, materiales y actualizaciones! Estoy por terminar piezas nuevas. Por ahora les enseño algunos de mis trabajos anteriores.

Espero que les gusten tanto como a mí me gusta hacerlos.

Lo mejor,

Tita

No comments:

Post a Comment